Interview with Tracy


What is your favorite chocolate indulgence?

This is a hard choice. There are just so many goodies out there! I am going to have to go with my friend Jan Hobbs' chocolate cake. The recipe includes chocolate and coffee. It is delicious! I feel the need to apologize to everyone that it is not available world-wide for their enjoyment. :)

Define chick-lit in your own words.

This is simple. I can do it in one word. Fun! :)

What was the most chick-lit moment in your life?

This is an impossible question to answer. There is no way that I can choose just one. I am a disaster magnent, and I married a man that can find humor in the most dire of circumstances :) I live in a chick-lit novel!

Do you have any writing quirks?

When I get a chance to break away from the chaos that is my life and write I am extremly focused. This is one area where the only quirkiness that can be found is in the characters on the page. If you ask Jenness about this I am sure that she would tell you differently. :)

What is your favorite CBA lit (chick or otherwise) novel?

Okay, these questions are hard. I am getting a headache from all of these choices! I have a strong love affair with books in general. It is difficult to choose favorites. I am going to have to agree with Jenness about Ray Blackston's book Flabbergasted. It is laugh out loud funny.

Where would you go on your dream writing "research" trip, and would you take anyone with you? Who?

I would go to Monaco, and I would take my hubby. Though I must confess that with him along I don't know how much research I would get done...unless my next novel includes lots of romance. :)

If you could live in a novel, which would you choose?

I do live in a novel! :) My life is Bliss. South Florida really is a little slice of heaven right here on earth.

If you were not pursuing writing, what dream career would you be chasing?

I am taking this question literally. I know that this will never, ever happen. It really is a dream in every sense of the word, but I have always secretly (do not laugh!) wanted to own a football team. I love this sport! The skill, detail, and sheer physical demands all come together to create the most magnificant game in the world.

Finally, share two pieces of advice--one writing related and one not.

1. I still have so much to learn that I feel a little awkward handing out advive, but here are my two cents. To become a good writer you have to be vulnerable. You cannot pretend that you know everything. You must be willing to learn from others. You have to put your hard work out there, and accept critiques. It might not always feel like it, but this is a gift. The things that other writers can bring to your craft cannot be detailed in this small space. In short...surround yourself with people who share your passion for words, and learn everything that you can.

2. Be real. Lay the facade aside and be real. We all have issues. There is nothing to be gained by pretending otherwise. However, by being transparent there is much that we can learn from each other. And most importantly from God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Bliss