Jenness' Side of the Story

The Bliss journey started with this question: What if a girl was addicted to horoscopes but following them led her straight into disaster every time?

I put that question in an idea file--figured it would be a romantic comedy or chick lit--and put it away, then continued working on my romantic suspense novels.

Enter Tracy.

A new choir member, fresh from South Carolina with the accent and the fried chicken prowess to prove it. We talked some during rehearsals when the director was distracted. He didn't seem to mind, probably for two reason: he happened to be my father, and Tracy and I could make him laugh.

I started reading Tracy's blog. Her status updates on Yahoo 360. (It's been a while, eh?) She has this gift for taking a phrase and twisting it in an unexpected and humorous way. As we got to know each other a little better, she told me she'd like to write a book someday. When an update appeared saying her floor was so clean you could eat off of it...but she'd find you quite odd if you did, I figured writing humor was something this lady needed to do. Since I had had a romantic comedy attempt returned to me for being too slapstick, I thought maybe finding someone to help me write funny could be, well, fun. :-) So if I could find a story Tracy would be interested in co-authoring, I was ready to give it a try.

So out came the idea file. And the story about the poor girl addicted to horoscopes. And Tracy was interested. And that, my friends, was the beginning of a great writing partnership.

1 comments:

Ava Pennington said...

Can't wait to purchase the first book produced by your partnership!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Bliss