Tracy's Side of the Story

I am from a book-loving family. We were passionate about our reading! So much so that we often brought our books with us to the table. On any given night you could find me stuffing my face with the best fried chicken and gravy that exists on this planet (thanks mom!) and exploring under the sea with Captain Nemo. Or solving a mystery with Nancy Drew.

At some point I began to secretly nurture the thought that I would love to try to write a book. And then life happened. With marriage and babies came a huge work load, and my dream got lost underneath a pile of laundry. Trust me, there is nothing like a pile of sweaty socks to kill your creativity.

Enter Jenness.

After finding out that she was an author, I could not help myself--I blurted out my long-held private dream to someday write a book. One day she casually mentioned that we should try to write a novel together. She even had a story idea in mind. I have to confess, I was thrilled...and a little scared. Could I really do this? I have responsibilities! For some strange reason my laundry pile has not shrunk over the years. It has, in fact, grown to monstrous proportions.

And that is when I found out that this was more than just a dream. It was a calling. Thankfully, when God asks us to do something, He equips us to fulfill the task. He used Jenness to push me out of my comfort zone, and I could not be more happy with the results.

1 comments:

Ava Pennington said...

The rest of us are pretty happy with the results, too!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Follow Bliss